Preparation time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: minimum 3 hours or overnight
Micah Carr-Hill is our Product Development Manager, the person with possibly the best job going! He is in charge of creating the fabulous tasting products you have come to know—and love—Green & Black's for. Here, he suggests a fabulous truffle recipe.
10 ounces dark chocolate, minimum 60 percent
cocoa content, broken into pieces
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter,
at room temperature
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1) Place the chocolate in a large bowl. Bring the cream to the boil and pour it over the chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate has melted, trying not to create bubbles. Leave to cool for 2 mins.
2) Add the butter in two stages, stiring gently. Once the butter is incorporated, the ganache should be smooth and glossy with no oil slick on the surface. Set the truffle mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
3) Remove the ganache from the fridge about 15 mins before you want to make the truffles, depending on room temperature. Put the cocoa in a bowl. Ensure your hands are cold and dry, then dust them with cocoa.
4) Take spoonfuls of the ganache mixture (use a teaspoon or tablespoon depending on how large you like your truffles) and roll the mixture into a ball in your cocoa-dusted hands. Drop each shaped truffle into the bowl of cocoa, turn it around and then toss it between your palms to remove any excess powder.
5) The truffles can then be returned to the fridge and kept for up to 2 days as long as they are stored in an airtight container.
Green and Black's Chocolate Recipes
From the Cacao Pod to Muffins, Mousses and Moles
Editor: Caroline Jeremy
Photographs by Francesca Yorke
Recipe reprinted by permission.
This page created October 2005
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2013,