Makes 12-1/2 pounds / 5.7 kilograms or 50 portions (about 4 ounces/115 grams each)
Lobster Risotto Ingredients|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 cup||240 ml|
|Red onions, minced||1 lb||450 g|
|Portobello mushrooms, medium dice||3 lb||1.4 kg|
|Arborio rice||4 lb||1.8 kg|
|Chicken Stock (page 83), hot, plus additional as needed||7-1/2 qt||7 l|
|Dry white wine||1 pt||480 ml|
|Kosher salt, plus additional as needed||2 tbsp||30 ml|
|Ground black pepper, plus additional as needed||1 tbsp||15 ml|
|Butter, room temperature||8 oz||225 g|
|Parmesan, grated||1-1/2 lb||680 g|
|Chives, cut into short pieces||2 oz||60 g|
|Lobster meat, cooked, medium dice||2 1b||900 g|
1. Heat the olive oil in a large rondeau over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sweat until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and sauté until the juices released by the mushrooms cook away, 7 to 8 minutes more. Add the rice and stir to coat with oil. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture gives off a toasted aroma, about 1 minute. Stir in the stock and wine and season with 1 tbsp/15 ml salt and 1 tsp/5 ml pepper.
3. Cover the rondeau and bake in a 350 degrees F/175 degrees C oven until the rice is tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Stir the rice every 5 minutes as it bakes to produce a creamy consistency and to prevent it from sticking. If necessary, add a bit more stock as the risotto bakes; it should be creamy like a porridge when properly cooked.
4. Fold in the butter, cheese, and chives. Taste and then adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Just before service, fold the lobster pieces into the hot risotto and serve on heated plates.
This page created May 2011
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2014,