300 Big & Bold Barbecue & Grilling Recipes by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig, includes recipes like Wood-Grilled Filipino Pork Steaks with Pineapple Tangerine Glaze; Wasabi Grilled Scallops with Japanese Beans; and Vietnamese Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Carrot and Daikon Relish.
This summer grilling recipe is a tasty surprise from Japan!—Kate Heyhoe
Serves 6 as a main course, 12 as an appetizer
Clean, fresh flavors—a hallmark of Japanese seaside cuisine—characterize this dish.
The sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
1. Prepare the beans: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook beans until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes for fresh beans, 4 to 5 minutes for frozen. Drain and refresh in cold water. Pat dry and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together sesame seeds, sugar, soy sauce, miso paste and oil. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce: In a bowl, whisk together wasabi powder, brown sugar, oil, water and soy sauce.
4. Prepare a hot fire in your grill.
5. Rinse scallops under cold running water and pat dry. Brush scallops with sauce.
6. Grill scallops for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once, until opaque, somewhat firm to the touch and with good grill marks. Serve scallops atop beans and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This page created June 2009
The Global Gourmet®
175 Home Recipes
Burma: Rivers of Flavor
Cake Mix Doctor
Craft of Coffee
Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Fifty Shades Chicken
French Slow Cooker
Frontera - Rick Bayless
Gluten-Free Quick & Easy
Jerusalem: A Cookbook
Lidia's Favorite Recipes
Make-Ahead and Freeze
Paleo Slow Cooking
Quick Family Cookbook
Southern Living Recipes
Sweet Life in Paris
Trader Joe's Vegetarian
Copyright © 1994-2014,